Epilepsy and U: Understanding Epilepsy in the Higher Education Classroom
Gain the knowledge you need to act positively and appropriately towards higher education students with epilepsy.
In this course, you will:
- Understand the basics of epilepsy.
- Identify the most common types of epilepsy.
- Recognize the most common myths about epilepsy.
- Learn how to support students when having a seizure.
- Learn how to accommodate students with epilepsy.
The course is divided into 3 sections: learning modules that provide an overview of epilepsy and how to support and accommodate students with seizures; a case centre, with realistic interactive scenarios involving students with epilepsy; and a resource centre to provide additional support with student accommodations.