What can a seizure look like?
Signs that may indicate that a student is having a seizure include:
- a sudden loss of awareness that may appear like daydreaming
- a brief lack of response
- memory gaps
- rhythmic head nodding
- rapid eye blinking
- repeated movements that appear unnatural
- repeated jerking movements of the body, arms, or legs
- lip smacking
- sudden falls without an apparent reason
- sudden stomach pain followed by sleepiness and confusion
- frequent complaints that things taste, sound, smell, look, or feel strange
- sudden fear, panic, or anger without an apparent reason.